segunda-feira, 3 de setembro de 2007

I know I'll make it

Two days to go before we take the plane for our short mean divas' vacation in Porto de Galinhas, Pernambuco (see our hotel here!), and I still have a lot of work to get done...

I am still preparing a powerpoint presentation with data representative of Brazilian children's first written texts. Tomorrow afternoon I will be giving one more talk to teachers about how children acquire knowledge of syllable structures in alphabetical writing systems, and the data are really cute!!! They tend to organize their writing in sequences of two letters, preferrably one consonant followed by one vowel (Well..., if elementary school teachers mastered some basic concepts of phonology, their work would probably be easier...).

I also have to finish grading some graduate papers and other academic stuff. And, of course, I still have to pack. But I'm sure I'll make it, because I really need to take a short break!...

(The text above was written by my niece Mariana, when she was only five years old, and it tells the story of a very mean monster)

Sphere: Related Content

Nenhum comentário: